This course is intended for any psychology professional or interns who would like to have a sound knowledge of basic statistical properties that are used within the psychometric realm.
· Theoretical basis for testing
· Norm referenced use of tests
· Criterion referenced use of tests
· Revision of standardised scores
· Central tendency and standard deviation, and the normal distribution curve
· Standardised scores: t-scale, IQ scale, sten scale, stanine, standardised equivalence and transforming scores
· Evaluating tests: norms, reliability, validity, correlations
· Reliability: factors influencing reliability, types of reliability, item analysis, considerations in SA, standard error, standard error of difference
· Validity: types of validity, utility theory and estimating gains, multivariate techniques, assumptions with multiple regression, discriminant analysis
· Factor analysis
· Bias and fairness: causes of bias, adverse impact, the Mantel-Haenszel index, analysis of variance.
Duration: 2 Days
Cost: R1200 (excl VAT)